Jeju Island, South Korea, Naval Base on the island of great nature

I visited Jeju island on this summer.
It's been a year since I visited Gangeong village last time.
I was very shocked and depressed of seeing that complete of Naval base.

Those walls used be divided a village and a naval base has been taken away. 
Now, you can see the naval base from a village, its massive presense of concreat is weird.
It doesn't fit in a old beautiful village.

I can't imagine that how much suffering for the villagers.

First 4 pictures are about [hundreds bows] in front of naval base.
Every morning at 7 a.m. People start to bow toward naval base for an hundred times.

Soldiers are walking by.

Pictures of mountain is Mt. Hallasan.
A most sacred and highest mountain in Jeju island.
I could see a naval base from Hallasan.
What would Hallasan think about this Naval base that what I thought when I see it from the mountain.

However, people in gangeong think that make this village as the place where is spreading peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mysterious taiwan

Miyako island, Small Okinawa's Small Island

Okinawa Today.